Monday, June 7, 2021

 MECCANO

Back in the 1950s I recall receiving a no.5 Meccano set one birthday. It provided much enjoyment for years and enabled me to build a girder bridge for my Tri-ang railway layout in the early 1960s. Eventually it was sold through the Trading Post for 10 quid, the same amount my Hornby clockwork set achieved. Flash forward 30 years; having mentioned Meccano to several people, various bits began to arrive. Eventually I built a small crane for Barbara's doll display. That cured me of the desire to acquire any more, probably as I used the worst bits to give the crane an aged look. 

These photos (in reverse order) illustrate the remaining pieces, red and green in various shades, 60s and 70s shades, a few odd non-Meccano bits included. There's also a circa 1940 no.3 set (unchecked)  that came from a friend who received it as a present at the outbreak of WW2 and a 1960s/70s no.1 set (unchecked) plus the Meccano jigsaw (unchecked). Condition varies. Selling as one lot including containers for collection only. Details on the Meccano buy and sell site. http://melright.com/meccanosales/ 















No comments:

Post a Comment