Monday, October 4, 2010

WRITING THE STORY


When do you get your best ideas? Mine materialise during the night, generally when sleep refuses to grant me a good night's rest. A pal keeps a notebook handy and writes down her thoughts. "Great idea!", said I, while thinking to myself that writing notes wouldn't work in my case. I can't read my own notes, even if they were written only yesterday.

Back in 1995 I contributed a couple of articles to Bankstown The Book, published by the Bankstown Regional Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc., in celebration of Bankstown's bicentenary. That effort gave me a taste for local history-based recollections. What follows is an attempt to recollect some of the memorable characters and events encountered in my life. The people and events are more important than the dates and order thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment